Accommodation / Finland
Arctic Circle Wilderness Lodge
Overlooking the rapids of River Raudanjoki, the Arctic Circle Wilderness Lodge offers a variety of amazing accommodation options at its peaceful riverside setting. Only a short transfer from Rovaniemi airport, the resort is hidden amongst the forest with fantastic views of the river and out to the wilderness beyond. A perfect spot for Aurora hunting in the Arctic Circle.
With rustic wooden beam interiors and the gentle glow and warmth from a crackling fire, the cosy atmosphere in the main hotel building is immediately welcoming and the feeling continues throughout the accommodation which is only a short walk away.
There are several room types available, with some based in large log cabins, each with a traditional design and others based in semi-detached riverside cabins. There are also the detached Panorama Huts, with floor-to-ceiling windows looking out over the beautiful surroundings. Please contact us for a quotation.
- Main lodge with cosy communal room and a large stone fireplace in the dining room, adding a warming glow to meal times. A former lumberjack’s lodge, the wooden walls are decorated with various tools of the trade
- WiFi is available in all room types and in the main hotel building. Please note that this can, of course, be disturbed by unpredictable weather and heavy snowfall
- The riverside hot tub and sauna offer relaxation with stunning, idyllic views of the rapids. These are bookable for an extra charge, based on private use. You can book these in advance, or locally
- Delicious buffet meals of fresh, local produce are provided in the main restaurant, with daily menu changes. Lunch is not included during your time here, however, this can be booked in advance if you wish, or you can arrange it locally, as long as you pre-order the night before
- The main lodge has a small bar area, where you can purchase a range of beer, wine, spirits and soft drinks
- Stunning riverside views on your doorstep due to the hotel’s setting next to River Raudanjoki
Merely 100m from the main hotel building lies Stella House. This large log cabin has an interior inspired by traditional Finnish heritage, primarily lumberjack workers living and working in the forest and amongst the wilderness. This is clear from the cabin’s décor, as both the exterior and interior are lined with rustic logs, and the comforting smell of wood greets you as soon as you step through the door.
The house is made up of five bedrooms, all with private, ensuite bathrooms. Every room has three beds – two in the loft (accessible by steep stairs), and one on the bottom floor.
Bedrooms lead onto a communal lounge area, which is shared with guests staying in the other rooms in the cabin. The large, homely sofas and armchairs make this space perfect for an evening of reading and relaxing after a busy day out in the snow. The lounge also has a television and a mini-kitchen.
The entrance to the cabin has a small terrace for admiring the views (and maybe even the Northern Lights!) and all of the windows look out onto the snow-tipped pine trees of the forest.