Wilderness Hotel Nellim
Wilderness Hotel Nellim is owned by our good friends Jouko and Mari Lappalainen. Nellim was their first hotel (they now also own the delights of Nangu, Muotka and Wilderness Hotel Inari) and is now renowned as an Aurora destination. It will always hold a special place in our hearts for being the first place many of us saw the Northern Lights. The hotel has been upgraded over the years and now has a wide range of accommodation options including rooms, suites, log cabins and unforgettable Aurora Cabins and Bubbles (see the Personalise section for details) which are all within a short walk of the main reception and restaurant building.
A tiny village, Nellim is a remote spot close to the shores of Lake Inari and surrounded by incredible wilderness, providing perfectly dark skies, ideal for Aurora viewing.
- The restaurant/reception building is the focal point at Nellim. With locally-made furnishings, the atmosphere is charming. Hearty buffets of local and international favourites are served three times a day. There is usually a soup and salad selection, two choices of main meal and a pudding for evening meals
- Guests can relax next to the roaring fire and enjoy a drink from the bar in the restaurant
- A sauna is available for guests to use and can be reserved at reception in hourly slots
- There is a fully-stocked gift shop which offers a range of local produce and souvenirs for you to take home
- Tea and coffee making facilities are available in the main building for guests outside meal times
- Cross-country skis and snowshoes are available to hire from the onsite activity centre
- The small lake behind the hotel is a great spot for some independent Aurora stakeouts you can light the fire in the small wooden kota (traditional shelter) and watch the sky with a warm drink