Born in beautiful Surrey, Alex grew up surrounded by activities and adventure which encouraged her to pursue her passion for Adventure Education at University. Since then, Alex has worked all over the world within the travel industry and joined The Aurora Zone team in March 2017.
Through fond memories of family ski holidays and time spent working in the Alps, Alex had always loved winter travel but never knew the excitement of an Aurora Zone adventure until she visited Finnish Lapland and Northern Norway. Alex was amazed by the sheer beauty and magnitude of Northern Scandinavia and undertook some thrilling activities such as the iconic husky sledding and magical snowmobile safaris.
Alex experienced her first sighting of the Northern Lights whilst in the stunning region of Kirkenes in Northern Norway, where they glistened just above the Arctic Sea. She was then lucky enough to witness the lights a second time when an unexpected storm broke out in the Lyngen Alps which revealed some very majestic Aurora.
- Eating king crab in Kirkenes, Norway
- Driving a team of dogs on a husky safari
- Learning about the Sámi culture in Finnish Lapland
- Experiencing driving a snowmobile over frozen Lake Inari in Finnish Lapland
- Discovering all of the beautiful snow and ice carvings in the Snowhotel, Norway
- Enjoying a hot tub and sauna on the hotel roof in Tromsø
- Seeing the Northern lights for the first time!