Born in beautiful Surrey, Alex grew up surrounded by activities and adventure which encouraged her to pursue her passion for Adventure Education at University. Since then, Alex has worked all over the world within the travel industry and joined The Aurora Zone team in March 2017.
Through fond memories of family ski holidays and time spent working in the Alps, Alex had always loved winter travel but never knew the excitement of an Aurora Zone adventure until she visited Finnish Lapland and Northern Norway. Alex was amazed by the sheer beauty and magnitude of Northern Scandinavia and undertook some thrilling activities such as the iconic husky sledding and magical snowmobile safaris.
Alex experienced her first sighting of the Northern Lights whilst in the stunning region of Kirkenes in Northern Norway, where they glistened just above the Arctic Sea. She was then lucky enough to witness the lights a second time when an unexpected storm broke out in the Lyngen Alps which revealed some very majestic Aurora.
Alex has also been lucky enough to experience the delights of Swedish Lapland in autumn where she visited Brändön Lodge, Icehotel365 and the Treehotel; talk about a bucket list Northern Lights adventure.
On Alex's first night in Swedish Lapland, she witnessed the spectacular Aurora Borealis within three minutes of stepping out of her taxi at Brändön Lodge and stood in awe as they reflected off the waters edge. Her adventures then took her to the iconic Icehotel where she stayed in the amazing new Art Suite within Icehotel365. Whilst there, she also experienced white-water rafting down the fantastic rapids of the Torne river, and a superb wilderness dinner where a reindeer was served by an open-fire under candlelight. Following on from there, she visited the world famous Treehotel; a spectacle all must see!
- Eating king crab in Kirkenes, Norway
- Driving a team of dogs on a husky safari
- Learning about the Sámi culture in Finnish Lapland
- Experiencing driving a snowmobile over frozen Lake Inari in Finnish Lapland
- Discovering all of the beautiful snow and ice carvings in the Snowhotel, Norway
- Enjoying a hot tub and sauna on the hotel roof in Tromsø
- Seeing the Northern lights for the first time!
- White-water rafting at the Icehotel 365 in autumn
- Visiting the Icehotel365 in autumn
- Exploring the different rooms at the Treehotel