Accommodation / Finland
Jeris Winter Cottage Type A
Hotel Jeris occupies an enviable location which is 20 kilometres from the nearest village and is located directly on the shores of Lake Jerisjärvi. It is this remote position that makes the hotel an enchanting forest retreat.
The hotel is owned and run by the Pietikäinen family, who also manage the neighbouring sister hotels of Harriniva and Torassieppi.
Their hotels are some of our most popular accommodation options in Finland, having received high praise for their knowledgeable guides and exciting activity options.
The hotel consists of a central building and 32 winter cottages in the adjacent forest.
- Your meals will be served in the hotel restaurant, which offers a rustic menu of traditional and local Finnish dishes. Meals are served buffet style with one or two options for each course. Guests can enjoy local delicacies, such as salmon and reindeer. The hearty food here is ideal for setting you up for your adventures in the snow
- There is a small lounge area where guests can relax in the evening and take advantage of the hotel's free Wi-Fi.
- Tea and coffee are available free of charge throughout the day in the hotel restaurant / bar area.
- A significant feature of Hotel Jeris is the wonderful Arctic Elements Lakeside Spa. Renovated for winter 2019/20, the spa is the first of its kind in Finland, with strong eco-credentials, thanks to its use of entirely renewable electricity and geothermal heating generated from the Jerisjärvi lake. There are four saunas here each inspired by an element; earth, fire, water and air and each named after Finnish gods and goddesses. Included is a traditional smoke sauna and plenty of areas for relaxation. Spa area entry is included in the majority of our trips (see what's included for details), but if not you can book entry via the reception for a daily fee. For the Aurora enthusiasts, there is also an upgrade option to the special Northern Lights sauna which offers panoramic views of the night sky. If conditions are favourable, this could be one of the most relaxing ways to see this fantastic light display. For the brave (and healthy) you can complete your sauna experience with a dip in the ice pool - a Finnish tradition.
- A small selection of souvenirs are available for guests to purchase (including postcards and local handicrafts and snacks) in the reception area
The Type A Winter Cottages (36 square metres) are generally located around a 10-minute walk from the main hotel building. The cottages are ideal for couples looking for a private retreat.
The cottages can vary slightly in size but all can sleep two to four people. They consist of one spacious room with a sleeping alcove for two people and a pull out sofa bed for two more. All the cottages are privately owned; consequently, the decor and style can vary. Each cottage contains a cosy wood burning stove, a kitchenette, a television, a shower room and a private sauna.
Cabin guests will receive a small ‘starter pack’ of firewood. Further wood supplies can be purchased locally for approximately 10 euros.
Please note: a limited number of hairdryers are available to borrow from reception.