Since studying Architecture at Newcastle University, Allan has taken every chance to explore the wonders of the world, taking him from Egypt to the Cayman Islands and from Indonesia to the UAE. Since joining The Aurora Zone, Allan has had the opportunity to experience the winter paradise of Northern Finland, which opened his eyes to a completely different type of travel.
Allan loved every moment visiting many of our Northern Lights holiday destinations in Finnish Lapland, completing his lifelong ambition of driving a husky sled and snowmobiling across the frozen landscapes of the Arctic Circle. Allan firmly believes in ‘Lady Luck’ and was rewarded on his final two nights in Torassieppi with amazing Aurora displays across clear starlit skies. If you’re lucky enough to visit this wonderful part of the world Allan would highly recommend spending a night in one of Torassieppi’s Aurora Domes.
Allan has recently travelled across Swedish Lapland from Kiruna down to Luleå and experienced sleeping in the architectural delights of both the Treehotel and ICEHOTEL®. He would also like to revisit Finland during the autumn months to see the autumnal colours and to hopefully witness the Northern Lights reflect on the lakes before they freeze over for the winter. Allan's attitude is to grab life's opportunities while you can: if it's on your bucket list, what's stopping you?
- Spending a night glamping in the remarkable Aurora Dome, based on the frozen lakeside of Torassieppi
- Heading out on a tranquil Aurora reindeer sleigh ride across the frozen lake
- Sampling traditional Lappish cuisine cooked over a roaring open fire in a Finnish wooden kota
- Experiencing the thrill of a successful Aurora chase in the most uncertain of circumstances
- Completing a night's stay in an ice room at the ICEHOTEL® at -5°C
- Skimming across the Bothnian Sea by hovercraft at Brändön Lodge, Swedish Lapland