Accommodation / Finland
Torassieppi Reindeer Farm - Sauna Winter Cottage
Located on the edge of Lake Torasjarvi, and bordering the Pallas Ylläs National Park, Torassieppi Reindeer Farm is situated in one of the most picturesque wilderness areas in Finland.
The farm building dates back to 1847 making it one of the oldest in the area. Today it has been lovingly renovated and accommodation has been added nearby so that guests can stay in this spectacular spot.
- Torassieppi has a central restaurant and reception building which is a short walk from the winter cottages. A roaring fire accompanies the evening meals which include as much local produce as possible. Typically they are served in a buffet format and include traditional Finnish ingredients such as reindeer (of course dietary requirements are also catered for).
- There is no bar but alcohol can be purchased from the restaurant so it can be enjoyed with your evening meal.
- The reception building also has a small gift shop area which sells a variety of local crafts, including reindeer hides and traditional carved Kuksa cups.
- There are two lakeside saunas at Torassieppi which are both heated in the evenings for guests to use. Separate facilities are provided for both men and women.
- There is free Wi-Fi in the main restaurant building.
- Tea and coffee are available free of charge throughout the day in the hotel restaurant / bar area.
- A perfect spot to search for the Aurora, there are also a few wooden benches on the edge of the frozen lake, which are ideal for enjoying the expansive wilderness and hopefully a Northern Lights display or two.
Sauna Winter Cottage
The cottages are ideal for those who want more space or for larger groups of people. Located close to the main restaurant, they are only a short walk away through the snow-laden trees and close to the frozen lake beyond.
The cottages offer a sauna, fireplace, a living room area, toilet, shower, hairdryer and kitchenette with a kettle. They have two bedrooms which have twin beds and a sleeping alcove with bunk beds. Whilst they can sleep up to 6 people, we feel that they are most suited to 4 or 5 adults.