Working for us
Working for The Aurora Zone
We get paid to indulge our great passions, travel, the Northern Lights and Northern Scandinavia!
Not surprisingly, we have a pretty contented team which comprises males and females aged from 20 up to 61 years old.
Our offices are based just ten miles north of Newcastle upon Tyne with easy access from the A1. The market town of Morpeth is just a few minutes’ drive and we are spoiled by the proximity of two excellent farm shops.
Many of us take advantage of the rural location to keep active at lunchtimes and the quiet local roads lend themselves to running and particularly cycling.
We work hard but always strive to ensure that our days are both interesting and fun and that our work/life balance never becomes all about work, work and more work. Our focus is on providing our clients with the best possible Northern Lights holiday experience but, at the same time, enjoying a rewarding and hopefully inspiring work environment.
Please note that our Responsible Travel policy dictates that we put as much into the economies where we work as possible. This means that we always employ local people in the countries in which we operate. Consequently, we do not have overseas employment opportunities except for seasonal work as representatives.
Applying to Work at The Aurora Zone
If you would like to work with us then please keep a close eye on this page as we will advertise any vacancies here and will initially require an up-to-date CV as well as an interesting and entertaining (no pressure!) covering letter.
Artisan Travel Company – Destination Manager
Your main role will to be to act as the face of Activities Abroad, Artisan Travel and The Aurora Zone in resort and provide guests with an exceptional service and ensure the smooth running of their holidays (to the best of your ability).
- Meeting and greeting guests at the airport or on arrival at the hotel (whenever possible)
- Organising and hosting welcome meetings for all guests and providing them with a welcome pack on arrival detailing key information required in resort (sometimes for up to 50 people). There may be numerous arrivals on one day meaning you may need to divide duties.
- Manage your workload and divide it accordingly to ensure the best service is provided to guests. Ensuring that guests are always able to contact you in emergencies.
- Facilitating, arranging and selling additional activities
- Responding to clients' queries (this will involve being on duty for set times each day in each destination)
- Handling client issues, such as: lost luggage or passports; allegations of theft or other crimes; problems with rooms; and health problems, injuries or even deaths
- Dealing with unforeseen 'non-client' problems, e.g. flight delays, coach strikes, weather conditions;
- Resolving any conflict with or between clients in resort where possible and liaising with suppliers and UK office to provide swift resolution.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with local suppliers and guides, liaising with the suppliers to ensure all arrangements are in place and are seamlessly provided.
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the resort and the local area in order to answer clients' questions, you will be given time at start of season to do so and will build your knowledge throughout your time
- Checking hotel standards and safety procedures in line with the documentation we will provide you with
- Completing risk assessments and health and safety checks as required.
- Keeping basic accounts and records of expenses (you will be provided with credit cards for this purpose)
- Reporting to UK about improvements and suggestions at the end of stay in Finland or during if appropriate
- Helping compile training for any future representatives in the area.
Artisan Travel Company – Travel Sales Expert
The Artisan Travel Company operating as The Aurora Zone, Artisan Travel and Activities Abroad are looking for a talented key individual to join the Sales Team based in Stannington, Northumberland.
You will be a result driven person who ideally has experience of working in a sales environment. Comfortable with working to targets you will be required (after training) to have a complete knowledge of our products and have the ability to up-sell, promote sales and maximise revenue. This is a full-time role consisting of daytime shifts 5 days over 6 which will fluctuate with the demands of the business.
• Friendly and outgoing, with outstanding people skills, and the ability to build rapport with customers quickly and effectively via telephone/email
• High degree of flexibility and ability to work calmly and accurately under pressure
• Ability to prioritise and manage your workload
• Excellent attention to detail
• The ability to learn quickly
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Comfortable with responsibility and accountability for workload
• Ability to work without supervision and work pro-actively
• An interest (and ideally some form of previous experience) in the travel industry/travelling
• Respond appropriately to all sales enquiries in a professional manner and in line with the specific brand ensuring the company K.P.I.s are met.
• To achieve weekly and monthly sales and revenue targets
• Maintain and consistently add to knowledge of all products
• Support colleagues’ customers to ensure that they receive an excellent level of customer service in the absence of their Travel Expert.
• Record client data in line with company K.P.I.s
What can you expect in return?
• A vibrant and exciting office environment in rural Northumberland
• Potential for multiple overseas travel opportunities
• Opportunity of a permanent position for right candidate
• Generous benefits package including BUPA health coverage
• Salary range £19K-21K per annum
Required licence or certification:
• Drivers Licence
Please click here to read the full job description.