Working for us
Working for The Aurora Zone
We get paid to indulge our great passions, travel, the Northern Lights and Northern Scandinavia!
Not surprisingly, we have a pretty contented team which comprises males and females aged from 20 up to 61 years old.
We work hard but always strive to ensure that our days are both interesting and fun and that our work/life balance never becomes all about work, work and more work. Our focus is on providing our clients with the best possible Northern Lights holiday experience but, at the same time, enjoying a rewarding and hopefully inspiring work environment.
Applying to Work with The Aurora Zone
If you would like to work with us then please keep a close eye on this page as we will advertise any vacancies here and will initially require an up-to-date CV as well as an interesting and entertaining (no pressure!) covering letter.
Inbound Travel Sales Expert
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with fantastic sales skills to join our vibrant team in Newcastle.
Reporting to our Head of Sales and Marketing, your role will be to maximise the sales, revenue and profitability of The Artisan Travel Company’s products by adopting a professional manner, specialist knowledge and by offering the highest quality of service so that the customers’ needs and expectations are met and/or exceeded. This is an inbound sales position with no cold calling, good quality leads will be provided who have enquired directly to our company regarding our products.
About the job
This is an exciting and dynamic role that allows you to communicate with our clients directly through emails, phone and our online chat facility, helping them to find their ideal trip.
- To sell the complete range of The Artisan Travel Company’s products
- To achieve weekly, monthly sales and revenue targets as agreed with Sales Manager
- To maximise revenue generation by selling preferred products/airlines
- To be adaptable with sales focus to the needs of the business and directly sell into campaigns and sales incentives
- To maximise revenue by meeting and exceeding customer needs and expectations
- To build rapport with clients and maintain their confidence throughout the sales conversation.
- Use personal travel experience and product training to provide excellent advice to customers
- Take full responsibility for the administration and ongoing support of your bookings and keep client informed of its progress
- Support colleagues’ customers to ensure that they receive an excellent level of customer service in the absence of their Travel Expert.
- To respond to customer enquiries in an efficient and timely manner ensuring the company KPI’s are met.
- Handle any complaints in a professional manner and immediately inform Sales Manager
- A confident communicator who can work well under pressure
- Must have excellent verbal and written English skills in order to provide comprehensive responses to clients
- A positive and enthusiastic person with exceptional attention to detail
- Our candidate should have the ability to work well within a small team, whilst also being able to manage their own workload and use their initiative
- Exceptional organisational and prioritisation skills are required
- Confident with IT, particularly MS Excel
- Ability to prioritise and independently manage your workload
What can you expect in return?
A vibrant office environment in Newcastle.
35 hours per week working on a monthly rota to include at least one Saturday (a day off in the week will be given in lieu).
- A group pension scheme and staff travel insurance
- Discounts on holidays
- Competitive salary based on experience plus bonus structures
- Initially, a fixed term contract (6 months) but potential to become permanent.
- Basic salary of between £20,000 to £21,000 PA.
- OTE of between £10-£12k depending on performance through multiple opportunities (uncapped schemes)
- Generous holiday allowance (28 days + bank holidays with additional days earned with long service)
- Work from home (after a probation period)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00-£32,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
COVID-19 considerations: Standard COVID precautions are in place in the office.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 1AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)