Accommodation / Finland
Sunday Morning Resort
100kms above the Arctic Circle, in the fell scenery of one of Finland’s oldest national parks, sits the peaceful Sunday Morning Resort. With its lakeside and forest surroundings, the resort is aptly named to reflect the atmosphere here - every day is like a tranquil Sunday morning and you’ll feel the serenity as soon as you arrive.
The resort is ideally located just 90 minutes from the airport and Lapland’s capital, Rovaniemi but is firmly situated in the heart of the wilderness. With activities available onsite, the Sunday Morning Resort is a brilliant mix of relaxing retreat with easy access to unbelievable Arctic experiences and Northern Lights opportunities.
As well as its excellent location, there is also only space for 28 people at the resort, making it one of the smallest we offer in Finland as well as adding a real exclusivity to this place. We would really recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
- Built from old pine timber, the main lodge honours the natural surroundings, creating a wonderful log cabin feel
- The resort is carbon neutral with the help of eco-friendly heating systems and the dense forest surroundings
- Its big, bright dining area, lounge and cosy lobby bar are the perfect common areas to relax in after a day exploring the beautiful Arctic scenes
- Enjoy the delicious food made using local ingredients in the hotel restaurant
- Work out in the gym then unwind in the modern sauna downstairs
- At the lakeside, enjoy the wood-heated and traditional smoke sauna as well as a wood-fired hot tub
TWIN/DOUBLE ROOM: The main building houses four double rooms in the peaceful wing. Each room features a private balcony overlooking the lake, twin/double bed with intelligent mattress, smart TV, WiFi, shower with steam, sauna and massage features, bathrobes, slippers and hairdryer.