Win a 3-night Northern Lights holiday to Saariselkä in Finnish Lapland for 2 people. Situated high above the Arctic Circle, in an area of very little light pollution, you will enjoy amazing Arctic activities by day and hunt for the Aurora by night.
- Promoter: THE ARTISAN TRAVEL COMPANY LTD, Exchange Building, Hoults Yard, Walker Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 1AB. Registered no. 04482022, ABTA No. Y6261, ATOL No. 6865, AITO No. 5180.
- Holiday Prize Provider/ Administrator: THE AURORA ZONE, TRADING AS, THE ARTISAN TRAVEL COMPANY, Exchange Building, Hoults Yard, Walker Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 1AB. Registered no. 04482022, ABTA No. Y6261, ATOL No. 6865, AITO No. 5180.
1. Enter this competition for the chance to win a 3-night Northern Lights Holiday to Finnish Lapland for two people. Situated high above the Arctic Circle, in an area of very little light pollution, you will enjoy amazing Arctic activities by day and hunt for the Aurora by night (the “Prize”).
2. The competition opens at 12pm on 01 September 2022 GMT. The closing date for all entries is 23:59 GMT on Monday 31st October 2022.
3. Only those aged 18 and over and resident in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland are eligible to enter the draw. Participants will need to enter their full name, e-mail address and country of residence.
4. Only one entry per person. Any person found to be sending multiple entries will be disqualified. The Aurora Zone does not accept responsibility for network, computer and hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry.
5. To enter, participants must submit their details on the competition landing page at www.theaurorazone.com/win (Entry).
6. By submitting an Entry, you will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
7. One winner will be selected at random from all valid Entries. The winners will be notified via email by Friday 4th November 2022.
8. The Prize for this competition is provided by The Aurora Zone, whose registered address is Exchange Building, Hoults Yard, Walker Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 1AB.
9. If you win the Prize, you agree to provide The Aurora Zone with all information reasonably requested for The Aurora Zone to substantiate your identity, age and place of residence.
12. Upon acceptance of the Prize and prize terms and conditions, The Aurora Zone will provide details of how to book.
13. The Prize is valid for travel between 06 January to 20th March 2023 (excluding the following departures: 17 & 24 February 2023 subject to availability. The prize must be booked before 30th November 2022 after this they reserve the right to terminate the prize.
14. The Prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance. If a winner is unable to be contacted after a reasonable period or if any Prize is unclaimed or declined within a reasonable period, the Prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary winner may be drawn at The Aurora Zone’s discretion.
15. In the event of a dispute The Aurora Zone’s decision is final.
16. The Aurora Zone reserves the right to provide substitute prize(s) of similar value should the specified Prize become unavailable for reasons beyond its control. Cash or credit card alternatives will not be offered. The Prize is not refundable or transferable.
19. Where you have ‘opted in’ to receive our newsletters and marketing we use your personal information in this way with your consent.
20. Employees of The Aurora Zone and/or anyone professionally connected with the promotion and their immediate families are not eligible to win the prize.
21. If the prize draw is rendered impossible due to any reason beyond the control of The Aurora Zone, The Aurora Zone shall not be liable and shall have absolute discretion to vary or amend the competition.
22. English law applies and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings in connection with this competition.
23. The flights will be provided by Finnair and are subject to their terms and conditions. Flights and flight tickets to over 100 destinations around the world | Finnair United Kingdom
The Prize includes:
- 2 Adults (18 years and over)
- 3 Nights in an Aurora Cabin at Saariselkä Northern Lights Village
- 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 3 dinners
- Return flights from London to Ivalo (via Helsinki) x 2
- Return transfers from Ivalo Airport to Saariselkä Northern Lights Village
- Cold weather clothing available for the duration of the stay
- Guided activities: Northern Lights snowshoeing, 5km husky safari, Northern Lights snowmobiling
1. The Aurora Zone shall not be responsible for any loss or damage associated with entering into these terms and conditions, prize draw, or the provision or any aspect of the Prize or any act or omission of any other person or party, and all warranties, conditions and representations (of any kind) not expressly set out in these terms and conditions are hereby excluded (except in the case of fraud).
2. There will be one overall prize for one winner, plus one guest (aged 18+ years). The prize consists of return flights (London to Ivalo Airport via Helsinki), transfers, 3 nights’ Aurora Cabin accommodation at Saariselkä Northern Lights Village, 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners, cold weather clothing, experienced local guides and the following activities: Northern Lights snowshoeing, 5km husky safari, Northern Lights snowmobiling. Any additional passengers, meals, activities, extra nights or arrangements are for a fee.
3. The prize includes an allowance for return flights from London to Ivalo of up to £1400 (total) including taxes, fees and any alteration charges. If flights are not available to the promoter within this allowance for the dates selected by the winner then the winner may make up the difference, but the promoter shall not otherwise be obliged to provide them. An upgrade cannot be purchased on airfares with cash or frequent flyer points. The flights are provided by Finnair and are subject to their terms and conditions.
4. The prize does NOT include any insurance, travel to and from the UK departure airport, or any travel or other expenses during the trip. Any out-of-pocket expenses (such as phone, room service, drinks purchases, gifts and additional food) are not included in the prize.
5. The maximum total prize value will not exceed the package price of the departure date selected based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The promoter and supplier accept no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize.
6. Travel must be taken between 01 Jan and 20th March 2023 (excluding the following departures: 17 & 24 February 2023 subject to availability The prize must be booked before 30th November 2022, after this, they reserve the right to terminate the prize.
7. The Aurora Zone makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at the destination.
8. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize winner and companion.
9. The winner and their chosen companions must comply with all relevant customs, security and immigration requirements, including appropriate passport and visa requirements. The Aurora Zone will not be responsible for any passenger’s failure to comply with these requirements.
10. The prize winner and the companions are responsible for holding a passport with at least six months validity and must organise relevant visas where required.
11. The winner is responsible for ensuring they can accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions. If they are unable to do so then The Aurora Zone reserves the right to redraw the prize.
12. There is no cash alternative and the prize is non-transferable.
13. The prize is subject to availability. In the event the specified trip is fully booked, The Aurora Zone will work to the best of its ability to offer a trip of equivalent value.
14. The Aurora Zone shall not be responsible for any indirect, special or consequential damages or losses suffered by the entrant or a third party.
15. Winners will be notified by the prize provider by email within 7 days of the competition's close date.
16. If the prize supplier cannot contact the winner within 7 days of the closing date, the promoter will offer the prize to a runner-up or re-offer the prize in another promotion.
17. The prize is subject to The Aurora Zone’s terms and conditions
18. The Aurora Zone reserves the right to cancel this competition, or to change any condition of this competition, without notice.
19. The winner may be requested to take part in reasonable publicity as specified by the promoter.
20. The Aurora Zone reserves the right to cancel or withdraw the prize if, in their opinion, it is subject to misuse of any description.
21. The Aurora Zone decision is final and binding.
22. The Aurora Zone has the right to amend these terms and conditions.
23. The Aurora Zone cannot be held liable for IT system failures or delays or loss of entries.
25. The promotion is subject to the laws of England.
We got very lucky with the northern lights and although we didn't see any for the first 3 nights the last night gave us an amazing display. The best day time activity by far was the husky sledging. I thought the help and information given for the everchanging covid travel rules was brilliant. Very clear and helpful.
The whole experience was absolutely magical. The team were keen to help to ensure we got the best experience. The travel experts were brilliant at keeping us informed as to travel requirements considering the speed that things were changing with Covid testing. Simply perfect from the rustic charm of the accommodation, to the knowledge of the guides, to the friendliness of all the staff, to the fantastic location - perfect!! Thanks for arranging it all.
The accommodation, the area, the people, the experiences it was all fantastic! All the people I had communications with were so helpful and always answering my queries promptly. In particular Karen who went out of her way to help me source the last minute lateral flow tests we needed to take with us (that had been sprung on travellers by the Government 24 hours before!) and calling me back to check I was ok and had everything sorted. They were all kind and helpful.
Witness the Northern Lights from the comfort of your bed
However, one of our favourite trends is the innovation of Aurora accommodation, which allows you to gaze up to the inky night sky and watch the Northern Lights hypnotically dance, all from the comfort of your bed.
Aurora accommodation takes many forms including Aurora Bubbles or Glass Igloos. These wonderfully designed structures give you a distinctive location in which to sleep, ensuring you can enjoy warmth and comfort, all whilst giving that all-important sky view.
From experiencing one unforgettable night in this specialist accommodation to spending each night of your holiday searching the skies as you are tucked up in bed, there are a range of options to suit every trip!
Scroll down for our Aurora Zone destinations that will allow you to experience a night under the Arctic stars.
The coolest place to stay
To spend the night in a room or igloo crafted from snow and ice is a long-held dream for many and somewhat of a bucket list item.
Despite what you may think, you can keep surprisingly warm and cosy inside the rooms as you're protected by the elements and have plenty of Arctic-grade bedding to wrap up in.
For many people, it is the chance to marvel at the incredible talent displayed in the sculptures and carvings which is a highlight. For others, it is the knowledge that you will be amongst only a handful of people who get to spend the night in one of these stunning rooms before they melt away in the summer months.
Regardless of your motivation, there are few better ways to complete your winter adventure and few hotel experiences in the world that are this remarkable - we highly recommend an upgrade wherever possible.
Fishing in the winter months
Ice fishing is a tradition which dates back centuries. Essentially it is the practice of fishing of drilling through a thick layer of ice and snow to reach the water below and the fish that may be lurking.
Its history is rooted in survival, when ice fishing was essential for sourcing food in such remote locations.
Whilst modern ice fishermen use sonar and powered drills, the popular pastime which is enjoyed by so many locals remains relatively unchanged and wonderfully simple. It is this experience that many of our holidays allow you to enjoy.
When ice fishing, you not only get an insight into some of the traditions of the region's past but you can also enjoy the delights of your natural surroundings, as you spend time in a wild winter landscape.
This back-to-nature experience is a wonderfully peaceful addition to your winter holiday, whether you have been fishing before or this is your very first time!
Inspired by world-famous ice and snow accommodations, the village is constructed annually to showcase local talented artists and to provide a memorable and unique night's sleep for adventurous travellers.
The rooms here will only ever be enjoyed by an exclusive few during the season as come summer the rooms will return to the rivers of Lapland as the temperatures melt them away.
The winter village is part of Torassieppi Reindeer Farm, which is one of the oldest surviving buildings in the region, dating back to 1847. The reindeer farm has its own accommodation and guests at the village will enjoy their breakfast here.
A night's stay in one of the ice and snow rooms is a fitting way to complete your unforgettable winter adventure.
The world's coolest hotel
The ICEHOTEL® is one of those places where even if you are not knowledgeable about Swedish Lapland or indeed Lapland at all, you will likely have heard of it or perhaps even know someone who has slept there. It is an accommodation option that we get asked about frequently and remains a bucket list experience for many.
The hotel is constructed each season in the small village of Jukkasjärvi in Northern Sweden on the banks of the Torne River. It is from this river that the hundreds of blocks of ice are harvested to form this hotel. A truly breathtaking spectacle, the ICEHOTEL® develops each season, changing its scale and design but always boasting some truly amazing sights.
It usually covers around 5,500 square metres and utilises 1,000 tons of ice and 30,000 cubic metres of 'snice' (a combination of snow and ice).
The ICEHOTEL® is a large scale operation, yet still retains its magic through its incredible and ever more complex designs and by offering adventurous visitors a very special place to rest their head!
The minds behind The ICEHOTEL® also created a new year-round experience - the ICEHOTEL 365. Complete with 20 beautiful ice suites, an ice bar and ice gallery, this hotel has been created like the original ICEHOTEL®, with inner walls made from ice blocks, but has some extra help to keep it at a perfect -5°C throughout the warmer months, too! Combining exterior concrete walls, steel pipes drilled into the permafrost below, powered by solar panels, and then thoroughly isolated, this is the world’s first permanent Ice hotel.
Spend a night in the treetops
The concept rooms here have all been created by some of Sweden's top architects and represent the bringing to life of some remarkable ideas. From a carefully camouflaged mirror cube to an out of this world UFO - these rooms are guaranteed to make a lasting impression.
Each room is effectively a sophisticated tree house, either suspended in the treetops or built on platforms that set the room amongst the bows of the trees.
The scenery which surrounds these rooms is idyllic and, as they are situated within the Aurora Zone, your chances of witnessing the Northern Lights from your treetop retreat are excellent if the conditions are favourable.
The Treehotel is the perfect way to make your stay in Swedish Lapland even more unforgettable and can be added to the majority of our trips based in the Lulea region.
Scroll to learn more about the innovative rooms.
Receive ideas and offers
Subscribe to our email newsletter to receive weekly inspiring travel ideas and offers.