The Traditional Hotel Kultahovi is located in the small traditional village of Inari, in the far north of Finnish Lapland. The hotel is family-owned and run by Kaisu and Heikki, a brother and sister with Inari Sámi roots going back centuries.
The hotel is ideally situated for guests who wish to explore this village and the small number of shops it offers. It is also just a few minutes’ walk from local attractions such as the Siida Museum and the Sajos cultural centre.
The beautiful River Juutua runs along the back of the hotel and so you really get a sense of being close to nature, despite the village location.
The Traditional Hotel comprises of 29 rooms which are all in the central hotel and restaurant building. Guests can choose to upgrade to the River Hotel, which is situated in an annexe building just a short walk away,
- The hotel enjoys a deserved reputation for its Aanaar Restaurant – with a real enthusiasm for using local produce. Try their speciality of dried pike, a new twist on a classic dish!
- Breakfast will be a continental buffet of options. Lunches are typically a set one or two courses which are served in the hotel restaurant.
- Guests enjoy a set evening menu (upgrade to a la carte payable locally). This may include local treats such as Inari whitefish and reindeer. The restaurant also offers wonderful views of the river which runs behind the hotel.
- Next to the restaurant there is a relaxing lounge area in which guests can enjoy a drink by the fireplace.
- Free wireless internet is provided throughout the hotel
- The hotel has a 360° camera on the roof which takes a photo of the sky once every minute. These photos are then projected onto the TVs in the bedrooms, lounge and bar area. This allows you to keep an eye on the sky in case the lights do appear. Should a display dance above you though, heading outside is the only way to appreciate the view.
- There is a drying cupboard and a riverside sauna which are both available for guests to use during their stay.
Double/twin rooms: The Tradition Hotel Kultahovi is true to its name, in that the comfortable rooms are decorated to reflect the long history of Finnish design, with traditional colours being incorporated into the décor and historical tales adorning the walls. Each room is en-suite and offers a radio, TV, kettle and WiFi.