Accommodation / Finland
Torassieppi Reindeer Farm
Located on the edge of Lake Torasjarvi, and bordering the Pallas Ylläs National Park, Torassieppi Reindeer Farm is situated in one of the most picturesque wilderness areas in Finland.
The farm building dates back to 1847 making it one of the oldest in the area. Today it has been lovingly renovated and accommodation has been added nearby so that guests can stay in this spectacular spot.
Here they offer guests a choice of accommodation, in winter cottage rooms or in detached winter cottages.
- Torassieppi has a central restaurant and reception building which is a short walk from the rooms and winter cottages. A roaring fire accompanies the evening meals which include as much local produce as possible Typically they are served in a buffet format and include traditional Finnish ingredients such as reindeer (of course dietary requirements are also catered for).
- There is no bar but alcohol can be purchased from the restaurant so it can be enjoyed with your evening meal.
- The reception building also has a small gift shop area which sells a variety of local crafts, including reindeer hides and traditional carved Kuksa cups.
- There are two lakeside saunas at Torassieppi which are both heated in the evenings for guests to use. Separate facilities are provided for both men and women.
- There is free Wi-Fi in the main restaurant building.
- Tea and coffee are available free of charge throughout the day in the hotel restaurant / bar area.
- During the winter months, the nearby Torassieppi Winter Village is carved out of snow and you can personalise your stay by adding an overnight in one of the amazing snow igloos.
- A perfect spot to search for the Aurora, there are also a few wooden benches on the edge of the frozen lake, which are ideal for enjoying the expansive wilderness and hopefully a Northern Lights display or two
DOUBLE/TWIN ROOMS: Torassieppi has only eight rooms which are located a short walk from the main building. There are two rooms to each small cabin building. Each room is completely independent with their own en-suite bathroom and entrance but some rooms can be interconnecting at the guest's request. The rooms can be made up as either twin or double bedded rooms and are really cosy with all the facilities you will need to enjoy your stay including tea and coffee making facilities and hairdryers.
Image credits Harriniva Hotels & Safaris