Accommodation / Finland
Pyhä Glass Igloos
Your Northern Lights hunt can continue long into the night when you stay in one of the Pyhä Igloos, equipped with glass-roof right above your cosy double bed.
The igloos are located on the pristine Pyhätunturi mountain. You will be close to all amenities yet feel like you are secluded in the peaceful Finnish wilderness in your well-equipped cabin.
Pyhä is committed to sustainable tourism which is very apparent in these glass igloos. Ground heat is the core source of energy which is also supported by solar panels on the roof. The walls are built using nine-inch thick certified local timber logs, for a cosy interior and an extremely low carbon footprint.
- Meals will be served in the restaurant, just a five-minute walk away
- There is a local supermarket also five minutes away
- The Naava Visitor Centre with a wonderful exhibition on the local Arctic flora and fauna sits close by, as does the nearest ski lift
- Make use of the Arctic Barbecue Hut free of charge or at a small cost if you wish to hire it privately for your group
- To unwind further, book a Finnish sauna and the outdoor hot tub
DOUBLE ROOM WITH SOFA BED - sleeps 2-4:
There is a motorized double bed ideally situated under the glass ceiling for two people. A sofa bed serves as an extra bed for two.
Each igloo comes equipped with a toilet, shower, TV, Wi-Fi and kitchenette which includes a fridge, cooking hobs, dishwasher, kettle and microwave oven.
Image Credit: Pyhä Igloos, Jani Kärppä & Kota Collective Ltd