Accommodation / Finland
Luosto Log Cabins
Luosto is a charming ski village in Finnish Lapland with a picturesque backdrop of forested fells and frozen lakes, making it the ideal winter retreat. With its handful of shops and cáfes, the village manages to maintain a traditional Finnish feel and the guests have easy access to local facilities.
The Luosto Log Cabins are owned by the Luosto Tunturi Hotel, which is one of only two hotels in Luosto.
The log cabins are just a short walk from the main hotel building, so you are within easy reach of the Tunturi Hotel's facilities.
The log cabins are perfect for a private retreat and ideal for a couple. They comprise essentially of one main room with a kitchenette, dining area and a television. A cosy wood-burning stove provides a warming centrepiece. The beds are arranged in a unique bunk format with the lower bunk formed of two end-to-end double beds and the upper bunk housing two single beds. Each cabin is en-suite and has a private sauna.
- In the main building, you will find the two hotel restaurants
- The Tunturi restaurant (used for the majority of our packages), serves a wide range of local and international dishes in buffet style
- The hotel also has the Bistro restaurant, which is a smaller restaurant
- The Kelo Log Cabin restaurant is an additional restaurant, situated a short walk away from the hotel and is usually used on one night of the itineraries
- A popular feature of the Luosto Tunturi is the pool and spa area, which offers an ideal retreat after a day's activities. In addition to the pool (with its massage and waterfall points), there is also a hot tub and a sauna wing where both Turkish and Finnish saunas are heated daily. All of this is available to log cabin guests for a small supplement
- In the Amethyst Spa area you can book a range of massage and beauty treatments in advance or on arrival (book and pay locally)
- The hotel has a small number of neighbouring ski slopes. The hotel will also help you arrange ski passes. Snowshoes and cross-country skis can be hired locally for you to explore the surrounding trails
- Free Wi-Fi is also available throughout the hotel