Kirsty firmly believes that holidays are not just for the summer and loves to make the most out of the winter months too. After working in the Canadian Rocky Mountains, Kirsty fell in love with the snow and all the great opportunities to get active that it brings.
After a snow storm came in, she was worried she may never see them. However, travelling via bus meant she was able to outrun the cloud cover and the skies opened up a mass of green she’ll never forget. Kirsty was also able to experience some more of the country’s highlights including glacier walks, lava tunnels and the world famous Blue Lagoon.
Kirsty really enjoyed her time exploring Iceland in winter and was thrilled when she got the opportunity to venture into the true Arctic wilderness of Finland. Spending three nights in an Aurora Cabin, with a half-glass roof to provide clear views of the night sky from her bed was an experience she’ll never forget. Kirsty’s absolute highlight of the trip, however, was snowmobiling through the wintery forest at night as she went in search of the Northern Lights.
- Managing to get to grips with her camera to take pictures of the Northern Lights
- Snowmobiling at night through the Finnish wilderness
- Hiking over a glacier in Iceland
- Snowshoeing, cross-country skiing and fat biking across the frozen lake at the Apukka resort
- Whale watching in Iceland