Working within the Product and Operations Department, Jono helps to create new and exciting holidays for The Aurora Zone, as well as managing existing ones. Jono's most memorable travel experience is a snowy morning in December, in the heart of the Norwegian fjords.
Layering up with a full thermal suit, mittens, hat and googles and hopping aboard a high-powered speedboat, he sped across the calm waters of the fjords, marvelling at the sheer, snow-dusted granite walls and the icy blue waters below.Twisting from side to side, zooming down narrow fjords inaccessible to most and getting sprayed by the water of a tumbling waterfall, were all amazing experiences. However, spotting porpoises and golden eagles was the real highlight and the trip was rounded off nicely with a stop at a local village for a hot drink and some local cheese; a real delight!
Jono's favourite Aurora Zone destination is Sorbyn, in Sweden. With its charming accommodation, amazing food and beautiful frozen landscapes, Sorbyn is a wonderful winter retreat. Snowmobiling, husky safaris and snowshoeing; what more could you want? Renowned for its food, it is the perfect place to unwind and enjoy sumptuous local cuisine after a day of winter activities.
- Sipping spiced wine by the fire after a snow-filled day in Norway
- Breaking for cinnamon rolls after an activity-filled day in Luleå
- Northern Lights snowshoe trek
- Meeting the gentle reindeer at Torassieppi and discovering the history and culture surrounding them
- Sweden: Abisko, Brandon Lodge, Pine Bay Lodge, Sorbyn Lodge, The ICEHOTEL®, The Treehotel, Aurora Safari Camp
- Finland: Harriniva, Jeris, Torassieppi, Nellim, Muotka, Inari, Luosto
- Norway: Flåm