Dawn was born and raised in a quiet village in Warwickshire and had not seen much of the world until an impromptu gap year kick started her love of travel. She has been lucky enough to travel all over the world, but it was her work as a Travel Expert for the Aurora Zone from 2012 that gave her some truly once in a lifetime adventures.
Dawn experienced the delights of Finland, Sweden, Norway and Iceland. During her time in these countries she was lucky enough to experience a variety of things from the autumn colours of Sweden, to the natural wonders of Iceland, to of course a dazzling display of the Aurora in northern Norway.
As a longstanding member of the sales team, her role now is primarily focused on groups and tailor-made requests so she is the person to come to for something bespoke! She is also well known in the office for her baking skills and a fun fact or two.
- Hunting out the Northern Lights in Norway in thick cloud cover. It seemed to be hopeless but then the clouds parted and a dazzling display of Northern Lights came through. A bucket list item very much crossed off!
• Travelling through Sweden in the midst of beautiful Autumn scenery and seeing roaming reindeer
• Seeing spouting hot geysers and huge impressive waterfalls in Iceland
• Enjoying a thrilling snowmobile safari at Nellim complete with campfire and hot drinks at the end
• Driving a team of dogs across the fells of Norway with snow topped mountains as the backdrop
• Enjoying a sauna after a day exploring in minus temperatures
• Tucking into a delicious meal of sautéed reindeer and mashed potato