Amy is the driving force behind the running of The Aurora Zone, having worked here since she was a university placement student. She’s grown up with the company and has been at The Aurora Zone from the very beginning.
Amy has a passion for ensuring that all our guests have the most incredible experiences on their holidays. She loves nothing more than sitting with local suppliers planning the most exciting and ambitious ways for guests to maximise their chances of viewing the Northern Lights, whilst enjoying the holiday of a lifetime.
In her past life as Product and Operations Manager, there are few places we offer that Amy has not visited and she has some brilliant stories from her adventures around the world. Amy is passionate about working as closely as possible with the local suppliers to ensure that The Aurora Zone’s guests get to not only see the real highlights of a destination and the activities it has to offer but also something a little bit special too that you may not get with some other companies. These relationships also mean that when occurrences such as global pandemics strike, Amy is making calls to people she classes as friends to sort out arrangements for our guests, and that makes life better for everyone.
- Sitting in one of the outdoor hot tubs at Sorrisniva Igloo hotel in Alta with a woolly hat on and a swimming costume watching the Northern Lights (getting out the hot tub and into the main building in -20 was an equally memorable experience!)
- Being so torn between my delicious dessert one evening at Muotka and the spectacular Northern Lights display that I ended up taking my ice cream outside with me to combine two of my greatest loves – The Northern Lights and pudding!
- Relaxing in the world famous Blue Lagoon in Iceland for a few hours and enjoying the very tasty ‘into the Blue’ cocktail served at the swim up bar.
- Finland: Ranua, Nellim, Inari, Nangu, Muotka, Jeris, Harriniva, Torrasieppi, Saariselka, Levi, Utsjoki, Menesjarvi, Kilpisjarvi, Pyha, Rovaniemi – yes that is everywhere we feature in Finland – lucky lady!
- Sweden: Brandon Lodge, Pine Bay Lodge, Treehotel, Sorbyn Lodge, the ICEHOTEL®
- Norway: Tromsø, Senja, Kirkenes
- Iceland: Keflavik and Reykjavik, South Coast Grímsborgir, Reykjavik, Snæfellsnes peninsula, The Blue Lagoon, The Golden Circle, Akureyri