Amy has been at The Aurora Zone from the very start and she enjoys nothing more than sitting with local suppliers planning the most exciting and ambitious ways for guests to combine maximizing their chances of viewing the Northern Lights and enjoying the holiday of a lifetime.
There are few places we offer that Amy has not visited and a huge part of her role as Product and Operations Manager is to seek out new, undiscovered destinations to keep our large number of returning clients happy (Lapland is addictive don’t you know!). Amy is really passionate about working as closely as possible with the local suppliers to ensure that The Aurora Zone’s guests get to not only see the real highlights of a destination and the activities it has to offer but also something a little bit special too that you may not get with some other companies. She is famous for not having the best memory so normally takes pictures of everything to ensure she remembers! As a result of this if you look through the gallery on her phone or camera you will find numerous pictures of hotel bathrooms, fire extinguishers and bar tariffs!
For her birthday this February Amy was extremely pleased to be given a new camera which she hopes will finally enable her to immortalize her next Northern Lights viewing.
- Sitting in one of the outdoor hot tubs at Sorrisniva Igloo hotel in Alta with a woolly hat on and a swimming costume watching the Northern Lights (getting out the hot tub and into the main building in -20 was an equally memorable experience!)
- Being so torn between my delicious dessert one evening at Muotka and the spectacular Northern Lights display that I ended up taking my ice cream outside with me to combine two of my greatest loves – The Northern Lights and dessert!
- Relaxing in the world famous Blue Lagoon in Iceland for a few hours and enjoying the very tasty ‘into the Blue’ cocktail served at the swim up bar.
- Finland: Ranua, Nellim, Jeris, Menesjarvi, Kittila, Luosto, Kuusamo, Ivalo, Utsjoki Harriniva, ICEHOTEL®, Torassieppi, Äkäslompolo & Ruka
- Sweden: Brandon Lodge, Pine Bay Lodge, Treehotel, Sorbyn Lodge, Aurora Safari Camp
- Norway: Spitsbergen, Tromsø, Senja, Lofoten, Karasjok, Alta, Sortland
- Iceland: Keflavik and Reykjavik, South Coast Grímsborgir, Reykjavik Snæfellsnes peninsula, The Blue Lagoon, The Golden Circle, Akureyri